While you have probably already heard about photo booths at weddings, there are some pretty fascinating and exciting new trends emerging in the photo booth industry which may surprise you. From green screen animation to virtual reality special effects, basic pictures are only the starting point when it comes to photo booth options. Whether you’re a bride-to-be or a current party planner, check out seven of the hottest photo booth trends for weddings in 2019.
Why Get A Photo Booth For Your Next Wedding?
Dancing is always a highlight of the evening, but having a few other activities besides dancing is a great way to ensure all of your guests are having an unforgettable evening. Even your liveliest guests may need a break from “cutting a rug,” and photo booths offer a nice escape.
Also, many guests will appreciate having a photo of themselves with their friends, their kids, or their date as a memorable keepsake. You’ll be glad you have memories of your guests long after your wedding day. Photo booths truly are the modern-day guestbook! But why not spice it up from the standard black and white glamour shot with some of these top trends hitting wedding booths in the coming years?
Top Photo Booth Trends
- Projection Videos: Gaining popularity after being used on this year’s Met Gala Runway, projectors in photo booths are turning pictures into art installations with motion graphics. Light projection makes objects appear to be morphing and changing positions around them. Projection screens are a great way to create a dynamic photo experience that matches the look and feel of your wedding!
- Boomerang GIFs: The combined series of still images turn a combination of photos into an animated looping video. Inspired by Instagram’s Boomerang feature, you can instantly share your GIFs through social media and print individual frames or even a flip book onsite. Offering fun, shareable, animated photos for your event guests will keep your event exciting and on-trend!
- Glamor Filter: These unique filters produce a vintage, distinguished look that flatters everyone, and are the latest thing to take the world of photo booths by storm. The output is a high end, classic photo that will have you and your guests looking better than ever before. From unique lighting sources to the revolutionary ability to retouch photos on the fly, glamour filters can reduce wrinkles, soften skin complexion and even thicken hair – everything you need to look like a celebrity!
- Animated Overlay: Animated overlays spice up a static photo with extra fun. Known as “sprites,” GIF overlays offer a splash of animated text and backgrounds for your photos and videos. Even better, they are fully customizable to fit the needs of any event, from weddings to birthdays and more!
- Green Screen Props: Guests always love posing for static photos – and adding a digital green screen background is an excellent way to add an extra element of fun to any event. Unfortunately, green screens often take up a lot of space, meaning they may not be suitable for weddings. Green screen props act in the same manner as a traditional green screen, as the props allow the application of images and designs digitally, meaning you can insert patterns, designs or colors into your photos, videos, and GIFs!
- Spot Color: Another excellent way to color coordinate your booth with your wedding palette, spot color is a unique feature which allows you to isolate as many colors as you like. Highlighting particular colors allows you to focus on specific parts of the photo – for example, bright lips contrasting a photo in greyscale. This versatility means you can unify your photo booth experience for all of your guests.
- Pan/Zoom/Tilt: Turn your photo booth into an instant music video experience that records your video and cuts it together for a heightened experience.
Now that you know how to take your, or your client’s, wedding from good to great, check out our photo booth products and event services at LA Photo Party.